- Lumber Liquidators' Q3 Profits Dive 23 Percent in a Year
by HF Editors | October 22, 2014 3:22 PM
Lumber Liquidators earned $15.7 million in profit in the third quarter of 2014, a decrease of 5.3 percent from the second quarter and a 22.9...
- HF Briefs: Experienced Installer Looking For Work
by HF Editors | October 21, 2014 9:12 PM
A hardwood flooring installer based in Italy who can speak basic English is looking for a job. See the posting in the HF Classifieds for more...
- NWFA To Host Russian Far East Wood Sourcing Webinar with WWF
by HF Editors | October 21, 2014 9:11 PM
The NWFA and the World Wildlife Foundation will host a free webinar for industry professionals who are importing flooring from Russia and China, two...
- Caption Contest: Loggers Perched Beneath a Redwood Behemoth
by HF Editors | October 21, 2014 9:03 PM
Check your mailboxes. The October/November edition of Hardwood Floors magazine has mailed. Alongside stories about a contractor riding an ambulance,...
- Harvard: Home Improvement Projected to Moderate in 2015
by HF Editors | October 21, 2014 8:59 PM
Home improvement spending will slow down to a 3.1 percent rate of change in the second quarter of 2015, according to the Leading Indicator of...
- Existing-Home Sales Spring to Highest Pace of the Year
by HF Editors | October 21, 2014 8:57 PM
Existing-home sales, despite a modest decline in August, jumped back in September to their highest annual pace of the year, according to the National...
- Photos: Schenck Takes Home Fourth ASID Award
by HF Editors | October 20, 2014 3:49 PM
Schenck & Company (Houston) took home the American Society of Interior Designers Texas Gulf Coast Chapter’s Best Use of Flooring award for the...
- French Chemical Company Bid $2.2 Billion for Bostik
by HF Editors | October 20, 2014 3:36 PM
Bostik may be acquired by a French chemical company. The international adhesives giant, headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wis., is currently owned by...
- HF Briefs: Clarke Sander For Sale
by HF Editors | October 20, 2014 3:31 PM
A used Clarke 8-inch drum sander is for sale in the HF Classifieds. The sander comes with the dust bag only and costs $3,300 plus shipping.
- This Week, Grab a Forest Product And Tell It You Love It
by HF Editors | October 20, 2014 3:30 PM
Oct. 19–25 is National Forest Products Week. Forest products support more than 1 million jobs and contribute $100 billion to the U.S. gross...